|1||The action employees should take if they discover a fire
Immediately operate the nearest alarm call-point.
Attack the fire if possible, with appliances available, without taking personal risks.
How will people be warned in there is a fire
The electrical fire alarm system will sound on operation of the manually operated alarm call-point.
How the evacuation of the building will be carried out
Everyone in the building should leave the building by the nearest exit and report to the assembly point at the front of the building.
Identification of escape routes
The exit door in the classroom is the main form of escape and down the stairs and out of the building. Should this route be blocked for any reason use the window in the office (labelled on the map as ‘Escape 2’)
The staircase and routes leading to the front door must be kept clear at all times
Fire fighting equipment provided
Fire extinguishers are located at the top of the stairs by the classroom door
|6.||Duties and identity of employees with specific responsibilities in the event of fire.
On hearing the alarm:
All staff will usher visitors out of the building and assemble at the muster point.
Kip McGrath South Lakes Academy Manager or Assistant manager will:
· Ensure classroom is empty
· Collect Register on way out and check all students and visitors are accounted for
· Call fire brigade
|7.||Arrangements for the safe evacuation of people identified as being especially at risk, such as contractors, those with disabilities, members of the public and visitors.
· Visitors: Kip McGrath South Lakes Academy staff will ensure all visitors leave the building by the nearest exit.
· Contractors: must be given information about fire procedures and leave the building at the nearest exit.
· Students: Kip McGrath South Lakes Academy staff will escort the young people out of the building and ensure that they are supervised until safe to re-enter building or parents arrive to collect the young person.
|8.||How will the Fire Brigade and any necessary emergency services be called and who will be responsible for doing this.
· On hearing the alarm Tunde Christie – Manager of Kip McGrath South Lakes Academy, will Dial 999 and ask for the Fire Brigade or other emergency service as appropriate.
· Michelle Christie – Deputy Manager of Kip McGrath South Lakes Academy, will call the Fire Brigade in the absence of Tunde Christie
· Should Neither be available, then any Kip McGrath South Lakes Academy staff member will call the Fire Brigade
|9.||Procedures for liaising with the Fire Brigade on arrival and notifying them of any specific risks, e.g. the location of highly flammable materials.
· Tunde Christie or Michelle Christie will liaise with the Fire Brigade on their arrival.
The following arrangements and training is given to staff at the centre:
· All staff: Fire Drills three times a year
· All staff: Fire briefing once a year (may be in conjunction with fire drill.
· Record of training to be kept within Fire Manual.
· Training to reviewed on a yearly basis and planned into budget.