Founded in 2016, South Lakes Academy is an Alternative Provision education establishment for students who, for a number of reasons, are unable to attend a mainstream school.
At South Lakes Academy we will provide a safe, supportive learning environment with opportunities for each student to develop the skills and knowledge to become a responsible, successful citizen.
Our Core Beliefs
- Students are unique in their needs, thought processes, learning styles and will be motivated in different ways.
- Parental support and involvement are necessary to motivate students for optimum success in education.
- It is essential for each educator to demonstrate genuine concern and care for each student to learn.
- Self-esteem and self-respect are critical for a fulfilling life.
- Students are entitled to a socially, emotionally, physically safe learning environment.
- After given opportunities, everyone is accountable for their own success.